chimera

NSFW Sep. 16th, 2017 02:46 pm
exbex: (Default)
[personal profile] exbex
 I'm not crazy about the title, which is particularly irritating because a general rule of thumb when reading poetry is to look at the title for help in interpretation. Granted, that's a general rule. And in this case, the title doesn't really convey what I am conveying in this poem. However, it may also be a moot point, as poetry is open to interpretation.


I will not hate her for possessing what I

am lacking. Not the narrowness of her shoulders or the way

she bites her lip and draws your eye.

I will not hate you for lingering on the beauty that you

desire. There is

little enough in this

world I suppose.

I will not hate myself for lacking what she has

in spades.

I will not heed the chants to love

myself, accept

myself, embrace my flaws as if

they are virtues. But I will

wallow in the mud

watch it seep

between

my toes and

hoard the pearls that are cast

my way.

Profile

exbex: (Default)
exbex

June 2020

S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21 222324252627
282930    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 30th, 2026 05:39 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios